Mx.Tactful is one of many to have come of age in the thick of UK rave culture. As she and her friends got sick of dodging police and bad pills, they retreated to the smokey clubs and bedroom studios that could still offer respite from post-thatcher chaos.
While some of her friends had found moderate success by the late '90s, Mx.Tactful's music stayed largely unheard. This all changed after a chance encounter in a welfare office led to the release of 'MARGIN MACHINEs' on Table Jelly Dishes; a new label from Lara David aka Chekov.
Table Jelly Dishes is a new home for hyperkinetic techno and punchdrunk pop, curated by Lara David off the back of releases on Peach Discs and Cong Burn.
- Mira Calix - A Pinprick Away [Warp, 2000]
- Neotropic - High Fibre [Ntone, 1997]
- Mx.Tactful - Fowlrid [Unreleased, 1998-99?]
- Andrea Parker - Melodius Thunk [Mo Wax, 1999]
- Autechre - Rpeg [Warp, 1999]
- Gudrun Gut & Myra Davies - Dinner [Alternation, 1996]
- K-HAND - Numbers [!K7, 1995]
- Mx.Tactful - Lickdstickytape [Table Jelly Dishes, 1997-98 / 2022]
- V-Key - Acoustics 1 [Planet Rhythm, 1998]
- L.Grabb - Untitled B2 [Virs, 1998]
- Dasha Rush - More Than Ones [Hunger To Create, 2004]
- Kemistry & Storm - Signature [Reinforced, 1994]
- Autechre - Tilapia [Warp, 1997]
- Zavoloka - Hintintin [Nexsound, 2005]
- New Direction - Run To Me [Perfecto, 1993]
- DJ Rap - Vertigo (Q Bass Mix) [Suburban Base, 1993]
- Ixindamix - More Cheese Core [Electro Lab Factory, 2004]
- Elodie Lauten - View [OODiscs, 1996]